We arrived at my good friend Kelli’s house in St. George, Utah 3 days early – broken and tired from a rough start to our trip. We were able to park the camper in Kelli’s side yard and took the car into the local Toyota dealership for repairs. We all settled in and took advantage of the Wifi, air conditioning and the modern conveniences of living in a house.
We were supposed to camp at a nearby state park, but Kelli and her fiance’ Kevin convinced us to stay for the entire week at their house due to the extremely hot temperatures (105 degrees) during June/July. It didn’t take too much arm twisting before I was online canceling our camping reservations.
By the next day, Erin was feeling better and we made plans for the week. Some highlights include:
- Girl’s Day Out with massage, pedicure and lunch at Red Mountain Spa
- Car repair only took one day and seemed to be fixed
- Dinner at Cliffside Restaurant
- Hiking the Narrows at Zion National Park
- Kayaking and a picnic at Kolob Reservoir
- Brunch at Xetava
- Teaching Kelli and Kevin a new board game every night